Cork limits heat loss, by improving thermal comfort when used in a product that serves as a screed. Thanks to its natural resilience it
guarantees acoustic insulation and fire protection, even when applied with minimal thicknesses; this property, combined with its inherent lightness, creates a performant product unmatched by any other solution available on the market.
In Diathonite Screed, cork plays an essential role in the performance of thermal and acoustic insulation. Its unique properties – lightness, mechanical strength and porosity are what underpin the excellence of Diathonite Screed.
The Diathonite Screed formulation combines all that nature has to offer in order to produce a material with thermal and acoustic insulation properties coupled with minimum thicknesses and a low environmental impact.
- Aspect: Powder
- Components: One-component
- Soundproofing: 22dB
- Density: 600(±10)kg/m³
- Compressive strength: > 10.0 N/mm² | > 1450.4 lbf/in2 (psi)
- Tensile strength: > 2.0 N/mm2 | > 290.0 lbf/in2 (psi)
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.060 W/mK;
- Specific heat capacity (c): 1000 J/kgK = 0,239 kcal/kg°C;
- Vapour permeability Coefficient: µ=4;
- Bulk density of dry mortar: 800 ± 10% kg/m3 | 50 10% lb/ft3
- Fire reaction: Class A1
- Insulation against cold and heat
- Highly breathable.
- Reaction to fire: Class A1.
- Lightweight product, suitable for renovations.
- Ready to use.
- It can be used indoor and outdoor.
- After having made the surface waterproof
(using a suitable waterproofing product), the tiles can be attached directly on Diathonite Screed.