Premixed plaster to be used for the construction of sound-absorbing coatings, acoustic insulation of façades and partition walls. Composed by cork, clay, diatomaceous earth and hydraulic binder.
Diathonite Acoustix is a sound-absorbing and acoustic insulating premixed plaster made of cork, clay, diatomaceous earth and natural hydraulic lime.
Diahtonite Acoustix is used for the acoustic correction of façades and partition walls, for the realization of acoustic sound-absorbing coatings, for the elimination of echo, the reduction of reverberation and of noises in the rooms.
In addition to the sound insulation and sound absorption features, Diathonite Acoustix has good characteristics of thermal insulation and high dehumidifying abilities.
- Aspect: Powder
- Components: One-component
- Sound-absorption: 70%
- Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC): 0.60
- Sound Absorption Average (SAA): 0.61
- Theoretical soundproofing power (external wall realised with 5cm Diathonite + 25cm thermal block + 1.5cm plaster): Rw = 59.0dB
- Soundproofing power once applied (partition wall realised with 2cm Diathonite + 25cm Poroton block + 2cm Diathonite): R’w ≥ 51.0dB
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.083W/mK
- Thermal resistance: 0.12m2K/W = 1.738ft2 °F h/BTU
- Breathability: μ=4
- Compression resistance: 3.0N/mm2
- Density: 470(±30)kg/m³
- Excellent sound absorption properties – absorbs 70% of sound wave.
- Reaction to fire – Euroclass A1.
- High breathability – avoids moulds and condensations.
- Contributes to thermal insulation.
- Very fast applicative system (application by plastering pump).
- Can be applied even on bent or complex surfaces.
- LEED mapping.
- Does not crack on brick work between supporting pillars.
- Excellent compression resistance.
- Can be applied directly over old plasters.
FINISHES WITH ACOUSTIX
The mortar that provides acoustic comfort and can be left exposed. It allows thermal comfort and improved indoor air quality. It removes reverberation problems in public places such as restaurants, churches and theatres, as well as being an excellent solution for acoustically insulating partition walls.